Radon is a radioactive gas that can be found in homes across the world. Radon is invisible, odorless, and tasteless, making it hard to detect. Radon’s one of the leading causes of lung cancer. Radon seeps into your home through cracks in floors or walls and accumulating on the ground floor.
If you find yourself living in a high-risk area, the best you can do is hire experts to come out and inspect your property to install a radon mitigation system. In this blog post, we’ll share with you 6 benefits of radon mitigation.
6 Benefits Of Radon Mitigation
Radon comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in rocks and soil outside your house. It’s estimated that 1 out of 15 homes has high levels of radon. But luckily for you, radon mitigation can help you to protect yourself against this dangerous gas! Some of the benefits of radon mitigation are:
- Improved air quality: Because radon mitigation systems remove the gas from your home, you breathe cleaner air.
- Reduced moisture in your house: Radon mitigations keep water vapor inside of your basement or crawlspace, which will prevent mold and mildew growth.
- You’ll save money on heating bills: The average family spends thousands of dollars each year due to poor air quality. With radon mitigation systems, your heating bills will be lower because you’ll have cleaner air in the house.
- You reduce stress on your HVAC system: Radon mitigation systems also extend the life of your furnace and A/C unit by reducing strain from moisture buildup. This is also great for the environment because it will lower your electric bill, meaning fewer emissions.
- Lower risk of exposure: Radon mitigation systems reduce your risk of exposure to radon and its decay products, protecting you and your family from various health risks.
- Increase home value: Radon mitigation systems also provide a return on investment when you sell your home because it increases property value.
Don’t Worry About Radon Anymore, Get Your Radon Mitigation System!
If you’ve been looking for qualified radon mitigation specialists in St. Louis, MO, look no further than Radon Control Services! We are licensed and fully equipped to take care of all your needs when it comes to reducing radon levels in your home.
Whether you need an inspection, mitigation system installation, or just information about how high radiation levels could impact your family’s health over time, we have something for everyone! Contact us to get a free quote!